Saturday 13 September 2008

124) Always too late for someone

What is lost in the best years of life
(...)
When I was fifteen years I have noticed that my friends of my age had their teeth treated - well, I asked my parents to leave me go to the city of Evora try to solve the problem of my teeth.
Depart me to the Hospital District of Evora, in receipt of the hospital told me once that there were no vacancies for consulting stomatology (or dental). I remember very well that even after I spoke to the sector of consultations and came to enter the office where they were installed the equipment for consultations in dentistry, but there was not anyone.
It was a "dentist" who worked in the street "Arcos" in Evora; unfortunately, I think I made the biggest mistake of my life, as the "dentist" I met told me that he had to do more extractions, before could do me a treatment for cleaning the teeth… Possibly by all the fears that had passed the Health Centre of Alandroal, then did not want to do more extractions.
I joined the University of Lisbon, the result of a scholarship.
Only able to enter the consultation of stomatology of Social Services-Medical University of Lisbon when we walked in the 4 th year of the University; unfortunately, too late to be treated as it should have been in early childhood.
(...)
Full text here
* * *
Where is the social justice in the country, please? There is courage on the part of those who should have.
Gerofil

No comments: